How do you clean your countertops? What are the useful information in maintaining it? These are the questions we always hear over and over again.
So today, we will learn the tips on how to take care and maintain your countertops and how to safeguard it to maximize its lifespan. Remember, a beautiful and well-maintained countertop is a lifetime investment that you could give to your home.
Here are the tips from Set N Stone Experts sharing their tips and tricks to keep your countertops beautiful, stain-free and well-kept .
- Always use a cutting board . Cutting directly on your countertop can scratch the surface of your stone.
- Blot the spill with a paper towel promptly to prevent the liquid from penetrating the surface. Moreover, do not rub the area, as it will spread the spill. Rinse with soapy water and repeat as necessary.
- Have a good practice to use coasters and trays. Obviously, it protects the surface and eliminates the future of restoration service
- Use a hot pad or trivet. In addition, a Granite countertops can withstand heat very well, unlike any other surfaces. Surface material like granite is a hard stone and can take tons of abuse without getting damaged.
- Avoid using scouring pads, rough sponges, and steel wool on your stone. A clean, soft cloth should suffice for proper maintenance.
- Countertops must be sealed with a high-quality stone impregnator during installation. Application of sealer protects the stone from damage and discoloration.
- To remove grease from the surface, use little diluted liquid dishwashing detergent with warm water and clean off the surface again with water and clean cloth or paper towel.
- To keep the glossy shine for granite countertops, you need to clean it regularly and carefully.
- Don’t extend the exposure of spill of acidic substances such as vinegar, soda, acid juices to your countertops. Make sure you wipe it immediately.
- Avoid using chemical cleaners like bleach, chemical-based, alcohol contents, antiseptic cleaning agents, solvents, or high alkaline cleansers to clean the surface as these may damage the surface.
- Resealed countertops every two to five years.
Make sure to follow these proper care and maintenance tips for your countertops if you want to preserve its beauty and elegance.
If you’d like to learn more, Get in touch with our Set N Stone Experts!